Wednesday 2 December 2015

GREAT READS: Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA

Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA

By Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger



I love this book. I believe that everyone that works or is planning to work with SQL Server should read it. 

OK, I could leave it there but I should explain why do I love it so much? 

I first read read this book very early on in my career as a DBA. As we all know, when you first jump into SQL it can be an incredibly overwhelming experience especially when things aren't working properly.

And this is where the book comes in. It's authors recognise just how many people are thrown in at the deep end and as such it is written specifically for the "Accidental DBA". It's because of this approach that I find it such an easy read but yet the technical content is not sacrificed in the slightest,

What this book does is teaches the correct approach to troubleshooting SQL Server, how to gather evidence from a number of sources to put all of the jigsaw pieces together to see what the server is actually doing and where the problem lies, and of course, what to do about it.

The fundamental techniques taught in this book have stayed with me for years, to this day, and whenever I get asked about what SQL Server books someone should read, this one is always the first I recommend. 

And you can get it HERE

You don't have to take my word for it though, did I mention its available as a free PDF download too!

Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. ae7523cfc4b152a6b5460e586fcba83f
    numara onay
    website kurma
    sms onay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 984c818afa1731766567ba3077e8fe9e
    altın dedektörü

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your article. 8f6ab6b8c8ad3c2816bf9edb2e0d2de7
    evden iş imkanı

    ReplyDelete