Monday 4 March 2019

Speaking in March

Most people who know me know of my love of talking and also my love of working with SQL Server. Next month I'm combining the two as I'm readying myself for speaking at a couple of local-ish user groups in March (meetup links further down) with the rather awesomely named session, "Guillotines, Sat-Nav and the Query Optimiser"

Intrigued..? You should be!

The magnificent two date world tour kicks off with the Manchester Data Platform User Group on Wednesday the 13th of March and the next night we head back to sunny Yorkshire for the Leeds Data Platform User Group meeting on the 14th. I say "we", just to clarify there's no tour bus or anything, it's just me travelling back and forth on the M62 whilst listening to and shouting at TalkSport presenters.

Anyway, this will be the first time I've spoken at a SQL event or meeting so naturally it's a pretty scary prospect but at the same time I genuinely can't wait. It's been an aspiration of mine for quite a while so actually getting round to doing it feels like quite an achievement, or at least it's getting there.


So if you'd like to know a little bit more about guillotines (who doesn't?!), query optimisation and you like pizza then why not head over? If you've never been to a user group meeting before then here's an ideal opportunity to see what they're all about. It's very easy for me to list the reasons why you should (nice people, guillotines & pizza) but seeing for yourself is without question the best way so go ahead and get yourself signed up.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone there, huge thanks to the organisers of these meetings, I hope you know how genuinely appreciative everyone is for these events and see you all soon!

Here's the links:
Manchester Data Platform User Group, Wednesday 13th March.
Leeds Data Platform User Group, Thursday 14th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment